Capital Repertory Theatre in Albany, NY is in need of a Carpenter for our upcoming 2016-2017 season. The carpenter is responsible for ensuring the construction and installation of scenery for each production. As necessary the carpenter will build specialty props and furniture. The carpenter should be thoroughly versed with the proper use and maintenance of all hand and power tools, construction materials, and various methods of building and rigging for a durable and economical set and an efficient load-in and strike of each production. The carpenter is also responsible for maintaining high standards of quality for unfinished scenery, set dressings, and constructed props. The carpenter will diligently acquire and strengthen skills and knowledge as necessary to ensure continued efficiency and productivity of the shop.
Please send resume to Brandon Curry Production Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Repertory Theatre, a LORT D company in Albany NY, is in need of a Technical Director for our 2016-2017 season. This is a full time, year round position with a highly competitive salary, and generous benefits package.
Please send Resume by 11/21/16 to Brandon Curry Production Manager at email@example.com
3+ years advanced professional theater carpentry and/or related educational experience.
Professional experience as TD and/or ATD
CAD Proficiency; preferably Vectorworks
Summary of Duties
The Technical Director is responsible for implementing and supervising the execution of the Scenic Designs for all productions, including their creation, transportation, installation and removal.
Overview of Duties
Manage daily operations of scene shop including scheduling and budgeting.
Draft construction drawings for all scenic elements.
Oversee engineering, construction, installation and strike of scenic elements for shows at Capital Repertory Theatre
Cost out preliminary set designs and submit budgets for approval.
Order materials and shop supplies and coordinate delivery or transportation of materials.
Coordinate with management and scenic designer to accommodate changes required to insure that the budget and safety needs are met.
Supervise departmental budget for scenery, while working in conjunction with the Scenic Artist and the
Actively participate in the construction and installation of scenery (both wood and metal), rigging, painting, and props.”
Capital Repertory Theatre (theREP)
- Two-three years Company Management, Stage Management or other arts management experience
- In-depth knowledge of AEA, SDC and USA union regulations
- Capabilities to create production budgets
- Experience organizing casting activities
- Possess diplomacy, excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Retain an even-tempered personality that thrives in a creative, yet sometimes stressful and deadline-driven, day-to-day work environment
- Hold a BA in Theatre
- Have knowledge of AEA highly preferred (LOA, LORT or TYA)
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Operate with strong organizations skills and an attention to detail.