The new facility by the numbers
Capital Repertory Theatre opened its doors for the first time on March 24, 2021 for a press conference to show off this renovated former commercial bakery at 251 N. Pearl St. in Albany. Our organization was previously a tenant in a former grocery store – for nearly four decades – just a half mile away on the same street. Here are some quick facts about our new home:
- Seating capacity is 302
- Square footage is 28,000.
- 24 feet is the furthest distance from any seat to the stage
- The renovation cost was $14 million and was completed over two years.
Here are some highlights of our Albany campus – a partner in the Proctors Collaborative. Features include:
- The Lauren and Harold Iselin Performing Arts Studio (70-person capacity)
- The Peg and Jim Miller VIP lounge
- Concession stand and box office
- Private dressing rooms: Two suites each w/ six private rooms, space for ensemble members, shower and bathroom
- A prop shop and a costume shop
- Office and meeting spaces
- ADA accessibility at the street level to building and ADA accessibility to stage for performers
- Snow melt system
- Loading dock / door at stage